This morning at the BNI Network 94 weekly meeting, Joe Mercante of Real Estate Mortgage Network (REMN) gave an informative
and compelling 10- minute presentation about how to give an informative and compelling 10-minute presentation. Of course,
the key points apply to a presentation of any length, we just typically stick with 10 minutes each week in our networking
meeting. His words of wisdom follow.
When speaking in front of a networking group (your sales force) there are generally three formats you can utilize:
1) I am the best at what I do and this is why...
2) Here is who I need to meet and why...
3) Here are the other contact sphere people I need to meet and why...
Some other helpful hints to get the most out of your presentation:
- teach your sales force what they need to listen for when speaking with others
- give a brief overview, do not over educate
- focus on a specific product or service, or introduce a new one
- explain why You are better and how you add value
- tie in your sales manager moments
- include "Questions & Answers" in time allotment
- have bonus topic just in case there are not enough Questions
Netiquette (networking etiquette):
- promote your business, not a political or social forum
- be prepared!
- stay on schedule
Thanks Joe for this great information! Looking forward to many fantastic presentations every Thursday morning!